New Pride Watch faces for 2020 have launched with watchOS 6.2.5, but it appears some users are having trouble locating the customization option for these new faces.
According to 9to5Mac:
Apple today released watchOS 6.2.5 with ECG in Saudi Arabia and new Pride watch faces, including more color options for the current ones. At least that’s what we expected, as several users are now reporting that the new Pride themes are not available even after updating the Apple Watch… Today, watchOS 6.2.5 became available to the public, but without the new faces. According to several reports on Twitter, the new Pride watch faces are not showing up on Apple Watch even with the latest version of the operating system installed.
Some users have reportedly been able to access the new Pride Digital and Analogue themes, but without the rainbow colors, whilst others don’t seem to be able to access them at all. It appears the issue may actually be that users are having trouble finding where the new watch faces are.
You won’t be able to see them on your iPhone. Instead, you’ll find them directly on the Apple Watch. Select the Pride rainbow watch face and press and hold to trigger the customization option. Then, scroll through the different watch faces, including the new 2020 Pride designs. Select the one you want and press the Digital Crown to enable it.
- Press your Apple Watch screen to trigger the watch face edit mode.
- Swipe to your current Pride face or swipe to the end and select the New option.
- If you’re adding the Pride face, swipe up or rotate the Digital Crown through the watch faces and select the Pride watch face (Analog or Digital).
- With the Pride face selected, press the screen to trigger the customization mode.
- Tap Customize.
- Swipe up or rotate the Digital Crown to switch from the 2019 Pride face to the 2020 Pride face.
- Swipe to the left to access complication customizations and select your preferences.
- Press the Digital Crown to enable this new watch face.
In the beta of iOS 13.5, there are additional rainbow-themed options for Apple Watch watch faces that are not currently available in watchOS 6.2.5. It’s important to remember that beta builds are never official until they are official (as in; released to the public). There is a chance we’ll see more rainbow-themed customizations for watch faces in a future update.